Welcome to Kininmonth School website.
Kininmonth School is a small country school situated on the main A92 Aberdeen to Fraserburgh road, just north of Mintlaw. It serves the village of New Leeds, approximately a mile north of the school, and the surrounding rural area. The majority of the children live in very rural countryside and are either bussed to school or driven by parents. The school is fed by 3 nurseries, Strichen, Pitfour and Mintlaw.
The school was built in 1876 and was extended in 2005 to provide an area for offices and a library. The school is non-denominational.
Outside, there is a large tarmac play area and a large field area, as well as a wildlife garden, an area of outdoor play equipment and a quiet seated area.
The school currently has a role of 33 pupils coming from 23 families.
As a small school there is a family atmosphere where parents are welcome and an important part of the school. We have an active Parent Council and several parents who help out with school events or activities.
Below are the vision, values and aims which were developed by the school community in 2014.
School Vision, Values and Aims
Kininmonth School.......where we are happy, confident, valued, respected and encouraged to be the best we can be.
At Kininmonth School we aim to:
• Provide a positive, safe, friendly and welcoming environment for all.
• Create independent learners and thinkers motivated to reach their full potential.
• Work in partnership to provide a relevant curriculum for all.
• Create confident children equipped with skills for learning, life and work.
• Take pride in who we are and what we achieve.
• Establish clear rules that children understand and learn to abide by.